Escape Route, Evacuation Plans
SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County hopes your home or business never has to deal with fire or smoke damage. Sometimes, a portable fire extinguisher is not enough to save your property and the only thing you can do is escape.
A small flame can turn into a large fire in a matter of minutes. Lives are more important than objects, so get yourself and others out of danger.
SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County Tips for Escape:
- Make an escape plan ahead of time. Make sure everyone knows the plan
- Make sure that all doors and windows open easily
- Plan at least two different ways of escaping every room
- When you leave, close the doors and windows to shut in the flames
- Practice the plan
- Do not stop to pick up valuables. You can replace objects
- Make sure your plan includes a place to meet that is a safe distance from the home
- Do not turn off smoke alarms when you cook. You may need the warning
- If you have to go through smoke, crawl under it
SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County reminds you to call the fire department once you are outside the home.