Preventing Mold Growth
SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County: Preventing Mold Growth.
SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County is licensed in mold remediation. We hope you never have a mold problem.
Mold starts growing within 24 hours of exposure to moisture.
To prevent mold from getting a start, SERVPRO of Jackson/Crockett County suggests:
- Elevate equipment above basement floor
- Repair leaky pipes
- Remove any damp areas near sinks and tubs
- Maintain humidity below 40%
- Use water-resistant materials when you build or rebuild. Materials include:
- galvanized or stainless-steel hardware
- waterproof wallboard
- sealed stone
- sealed concrete
- water-resistant glues
- synthetic fibers
- Use gutters to divert rain water
- Landscape, so water moves away from the house
- Cover dirt in crawl spaces. Moisture can seep up through dirt
- Ventilate as much as possible
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines a “large amount” of mold as 10 square feet or more. The EPA rules that only licensed professionals can remediate large areas.
You cannot prevent storms or floods. However, if a storm or flood affects you, we can help you clean up the damage.